Thursday, October 13, 2011

Black Paris Profiles™: Kim Powell – Part 2

Last week, Kim Powell talked about her photography and a life-changing visit to Sri Lanka. This week, she continues to discuss her work as a photographer and also talks about Paris and the various activities that she pursues here. Part 2 of a two-part interview follows.


*****************

Kim Powell
Photo courtesy of Kim Powell

Let’s turn our attention to the city of Paris. What is your favorite area of Paris to walk in?

When I need inspiration, I walk from the Nikki de Saint Phalle fountain (near the Centre Pompidou), past Le Forum des Halles, to Etienne Marcel (Place de la Victoire), and end at the Jardin du Palais Royal.

Tell us about the projects that the city has inspired. In particular, tell us what aspects of the city you featured and why.

Flowers:

They were my favorite subject as a child when I received my first camera at the age of seven. I never focused on the entire flower but always got close to see what was going on inside, attracted to the color and graphic details. Though I now occasionally view a flower as a whole, for the most part my style has not changed . . . always macro. It is a peaceful experience and one that brings me back to the comfort of home.

My favorite gardens are: Jardin des Plantes, Tuileries, Bagatelle, Palais Royal, and Albert Khan. Photos from this project (Secret Garden) have been included in both solo and group exhibitions.

************

Black Paris Profiles is now available on Kindle.  Only excerpts are available on this blog.
To get your copy of Black Paris Profiles, click HERE.

************



Entrée to Black Paris!™ is a Discover Paris! blog.


No comments: