Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Paris Vacation

I received this testimonial from Cheryl Adams, a client who came to Paris earlier this month with her sister, Delores. It expresses perfectly what I hope to have you experience by taking an Entrée to Black Paris tour!

************

Cheryl Adams, Monique Y. Wells, and Delores Jones
on the "Black Paris after World War II" tour
© Discover Paris!

Just last week I took my life-long dream vacation to Paris, France. To say I had a wonderful time does not do my experience justice!

I, along with my sister Delores, took in all the noted tourist attractions: the Louvre museum, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame Cathedral, the Arc de Triomphe, the home of Monet, and Palace Versailles, just to name a few.

My week of excitement culminated with a tour given by Ms. Monique Wells of Entrée to Black Paris. When I learned of my trip, which was a gift from my daughter, also included was information on Entrée to Black Paris. I signed up to receive information Ms. Wells posted on her blog, and for nine months I followed her informative posts. I also read her books – Black Paris Profiles and Paris Reflections: Walks through African-American Paris. I had read and heard stories of black Americans living in Paris and wanted to learn more.

This was not the usual run-of-the-mill tour! This walking tour focused on the lives and accomplishments of Black Americans along with other black expats. Monique’s casual style made for a wonderful stroll through the streets of Paris that other tours did not offer. She was a wealth of knowledge about noted persons such as James Baldwin, Richard Wright, Chester Himes, and Alexandre Dumas. Her stories made for a visual of how black people lived their lives in Paris after WWII. She peppered facts with tidbits of little known information, most quite humorous. If you know anything about the great black writers, poets, artists, performers, and political activist of post WWII, this tour will enhanced your understanding of their lives.

I wish that I had scheduled a longer time for the tour, because I felt that Monique was just getting started. The walk was so intriguing that I had a renewed interest in many of the persons mentioned.

The Entrée to Black Paris tour was the highlight of my dream vacation, so if ever you plan a visit, be sure to include it in your itinerary. On my next trip, I definitely will!

************


Entrée to Black Paris!™ is a Discover Paris! blog.


If you like this posting, share it with your friends by using one of the social media links below!

No comments: